Monday, November 2, 2015

Bare Minimalist

" I enjoy long romantic walks to the fridge"


No, I was definitely not walking towards a refrigerator but rather to an empty swimming pool. Though if you know me well enough, you would certainly debate on this one because you would rather see me walking to towards it to scrabble around for food. Yes, I have developed this close relationship with food and it's starting to take a toll on me. Read: gaining weight. Alright, back on this #ootd look, this was taken during a shoot we did for our brand " Aldrin & Laura last June. If you're bored and looking for some time to kill, you can drop by our website to browse through our collection. We are also in Zalora Philippines. I guarantee it'll be worth your time. You can choose from a range of dresses, bottoms and outdoor wear. All of these items were specifically designed to cater to any fashionista's gusto. Oh and did I mention how affordable our items are. Talk about shameless plugging here. But seriously, Aldrin & Laura aims to help every modern Filipina to be confident in whatever she wears. It's about knowing what suits you,what makes you feel good and owning it.


It is a fashion sort of rule that less is always more. Echoing that thought to this ensemble. The whole look features a crop top with a bow tied at the back and a white laced pair of shorts. This can go from day wear with a coat on top to even a night out.These white shorts features white lace overlay and stretch waistband. Fully lined.We love it on sheer off shoulder top and wide brim hat. Oomp your ensemble with lace up sandals and you’d be turning heads and lights in no time. For the shoot, I paired the them with silver metallic heels to make it a bit edgy.Wondering how accessories come into play? I only had big reverted pearl earrings to complete the outfit. You can play around with accessories and shoes to change the overall feel. Go casual in sneakers or slips ons or add a moto jacket and pair with biker boots if rocker chic is what you're gearing for. There's just so many look ideas I can think of but bottom line is to keep it within the same color range. Minimalism is a classic aesthetics in fashion world which is adapted by some of the most distinguished fashion houses as : Calvin Klein, Balenciaga and Jil Sander.





Dressing up can be a lot of fun but quite exhausting too if you're like me who could spent hours in front of my closet figuring out what to wear. But I find it rather easy at times if I'll go for minimalist look. Keeping everything low key, bare minimum and go for plain colors and cuts.Keeping things clean and simple can be rewarding I'd say. If it means saving a bit more during morning rush prep time, then this fashion philosophy is absolutely something I'd incorporate in my daily style.





♥,
Jhesy 

No comments:

Post a Comment