Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Common Man Coffee Roasters : An Aromatic Brew Experience

Last weekend, a good friend extended this brunch invite to Common Man Coffee Roasters which I could not afford to pass. Singapore is a home to one of the finest, artistic and yes, expensive cafes which will cater to every brunch lover cravings. They can put a hole in your pocket but most will surely satisfy your tastebuds and gusto for weekend food escapades.


Co Ords from Aldrin & Laura

Common Man Coffee Roasters has been earning rave reviews for its unique set up, scrumptious bistro-quality food and top aromatic brews. Situated along Martin road, the cafe has a rustic vibe with wood accents. The glass windows make the place look spacious along with the coffee bar allowing patrons to watch the baristas make your preferred blends. The entire cafe is decorated with clever and quirky details from the door down to the toilet hand soap.








Why Common Man? As it turns out, the name of the cafe stems from the belief that great coffee and knowledge around it should not be a privilege but should be made accessible for everyone to consume and enjoy.

I have a love-hate relationship with coffee. After a series of acid re-flux attacks and countless advised by doctors to give up coffee completely, I have decided to just let it go and divert my affection to tea instead. To be honest, I sorely missed it. The aroma, the bittersweet taste and its immediate effect to keep my senses up are just some of the things I love(d) about coffee. I am no coffee connoisseur but my taste buds can absolutely sense whether it will fit to my liking or not. Whether too strong or too bland.

Common Man doesn't take reservations on weekends and a good 15-20 minutes waiting time is expected when queueing on a Saturday ( lunch time ). Hence their door tagline " Queueing is common ). Should your wait time exceeds 25 minutes, the first round of coffee will be on the house.



For a cafe named common man, price is definitely not very " common man". ( see menu below ). Breakfast is served all day and lunch is from 11:00 am to 05:30 pm. 




For starters, I ordered Crab Salad in Mango Mint Dressing (S$26).This is a mix of wild rockets,romaine, endive, sugar snaps, avocado (my fave), mint and pomegranate. It was a good serving but would have been better if they didn't put a lot of mint to the mix. The taste was just too strong for me. 



My friend ordered Tender Pulled Pork and Fries ( S$24). Frankly speaking, it looks like something you can order from McDonald's but my friend said it's quite good so I will take his word for it.



And on to coffee, we decided to order white Mocha coffee. For a price of s$5, I'd say it's worth it.Aside from the coffee art which is totally "instragram-worthy", it is aromatic with just the right hint of caffeine. Texture is light-bodied like tea and it has a sweet aftertaste which is quite ironic considering it's coffee. 



Common Man Coffee Roasters is one place I'd sure plan on visiting again. With just 5 bus stops away from place, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my visit won't be that frequent else it will surely cause a dent on my wallet. But overall, I think this place stands out from range of cafes in the city for its quality food and coffee. Common Man is certainly a pleasant retreat to have that good cup of coffee while engaged in a stimulating convo






♥,
Jhesy

No comments:

Post a Comment