Monday, August 3, 2015

Planetshakers at the Star

I've been singing their songs or at least one of their songs yet up until 3 weeks ago, I had no idea who Planetshakers are. Last night, I finally got the chance to see them perform live at the Star Theater.

"Planetshakers" is an Australian christian worship band which was formed in 1997. Their heart is to see people encounter God, be by his presence and empowered to make a difference in their world. They've been traveling around the world annually throughout UK, USA, Europe, South Africa, East Asia, Australia and New Zealand. PS have over 20 internationally acclaimed albums showcasing their passion to see generations worldwide unite together to worship God.  
I have never been a fan of concerts;one because front row seats are way beyond my budget and I don't want to settle for general seating as it's pretty much the same as watching them on screen.  Two, not unless you're TS aka Taylor Swift; I really had to be persuaded just to go. But last night was different. It was a first for me to attend a christian band concert with lyrics being shown on the projectors. Different because for the first time, I was not that concerned with the performance but more on the act of worship. We were seated at the last row but I felt the intensity and fire as if I was at there at the very front. My friends and I were singing praise and dancing as if no one was watching. 


I know this may come as a shocker to some but trust me, it was such an enjoyable night. It's a different kind of party, a good one if I may say. Who says you cannot party and have fun with God? I know I surely did. 


♥♥,
Jhesy 

No comments:

Post a Comment