Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Hues

Morning was greeted with showers and cold breeze.Looks like rainy season has already started here in Singapore. Few more days and my second home will be celebrating its Jubilee year. It'll be a 4-day long weekend holiday and I'll be hitting the beach once again #eggzoited!( this will be for another blog).I am still in denial that it's already August.We are four months shy to capping the year off! To say that time flies when you're having fun is an understatement. Time does slip away without you knowing it ; more so when your post-work hours and weekends are fully booked with activities.Four months ago, you would find me locked up in my room on weekends binging on sweets and movies. But then I met a lot of people over the past couple of months and was plugged in to a community. I realized that after 3 years of living in Singapore; I haven't really given myself a chance to explore and try out new things. I was just existing and have not fully embraced the life I now have here. I told myself at the start of this year that I won't waste time and will venture on things I haven't done before. Be productive.Do more and live more - ( sounds like the tagline for Smart  ). And yes, I am finally doing it.

 "then, she began to breathe and live
  and every moment took her to a place where
  goodbyes were hard to come by.
  She was in love. But not in love with someone or something.
  She was in love with her life, and for the first time
  in a long time, everything was inspiring" - r.m drake

Starting out something new at the beginning of a year or a month seems fitting to a lot of people. There's something about new beginnings that feels monumental and remarkable. It's springs hope and builds excitement as you gear for a challenge of sustaining it on your pre-defined timeline. Existing is a far cry from living. Living is waking up in the morning excited. It is that sense of optimism on how the day or the future will turn out. To live is to take full control of your life and to  make the most of the little time we all have. 

So be excited and fearless. Take a chance and be in love with life. Appreciate the beauty and chaos that compromise it. Do things out of passion rather than obligation and routine. Because truly,there's a lot more to life than what we let ourselves see, feel and experience.



Bow Down Dress from Aldrin & Laura 


"Be fearless in  the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"


,

Jhesy 

1 comment:

  1. Wow..napangiti ako nitong blog na to..more to life..travel and adventure #yolo

    ReplyDelete